Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hump Day

Quickly running out of ideas and things to say.  Sticking with the watercolor for now.  I've had this small field box of watercolor paints for about a year and didn't start using them until last night?!?  Why?  They were expensive and too precious to use?  Not really an excuse but it served as one to preclude their use.  Included with the paints was a small waterbrush, since I'd never used one before, I gave it a try.  

When I'm playing around with color this way, I should probably limit myself to the three primary colors.  However, that will be for next time.  Regardless, I enjoyed myself.  Below is my creative effort for 01/07/15.  

Once I had the picture in Photoshop, I added a few filters on a whim.  The results were fun, so I've included those as well.  Watercolor on 140lb cold press paper. 






I like the glowing pic the best.   

In watercolor, playing around on a scrap piece of paper, or the reverse side of a 'disaster' invariably produces something interesting and uninhibited. (Wayne Robert Hall)

 sla

No comments:

Post a Comment