Sunday, January 4, 2015

A temporary moment of reflection

We stopped at the top of a hill for my husband to take photos.  The day cloudless, the temperature perfect.  Wonderfully quiet, no sounds but the slight rustle of the breeze through the cedars.  I noticed several small stone cairns, each stone balanced carefully upon the other.  Small anonymous indicators someone had been there.  Who were they?  What were they thinking when they chose each stone?  

Some cairns have stood for decades, some serve as monuments, some as a guide for those who come after.  Some are placed for reflection.

I placed my stones with the intent to create a balance within myself for that small moment in time.  To indicate, for one brief instant, I was there. 





Everything in life... has to have balance.
  
In reflection,
sla

No comments:

Post a Comment